California Employer Well being Advantages: Value Burden on Employees Varies — 2023 Version
Get These Charts
In 2022, 64% of corporations in California supplied well being advantages to no less than a few of their staff. Sixty % of staff at these corporations had been lined by their agency’s well being advantages. Premium prices are usually shared between employers and staff.
California Employer Well being Advantages: Value Burden on Employees Varies presents information compiled from the 2022 KKF Employer Well being Advantages Survey.
Key findings from the survey embody:
- Annual premiums for lined staff in California averaged $8,083 for single protection and $22,818 for household protection.
- On common, staff paid 15% of the price for single protection ($1,167 yearly) and 30% for household protection ($6,680 yearly).
- One in 5 lined staff with household protection paid greater than half of the premium.
- The common deductible for lined staff with single protection and a deductible was $1,464. Single protection deductibles had been increased at corporations with fewer than 200 staff than at bigger corporations ($1,850 vs. $1,354).
- Fewer lined staff in California had a deductible of $1,000 or greater than staff nationally (42% vs. 61%) in 2022. Nonetheless, practically one in 4 lined staff at small corporations in California had a deductible of $2,000 or extra.
These supplies are a part of CHCF’s California Well being Care Almanac, a web-based clearinghouse for key information and analyses describing the state’s well being care panorama. See our entire collection of current and past editions of California Employer Health Benefits.
#California #Employer #Well being #Advantages #Value #Burden #Employees #Varies #Version, 1681777821