18 hospital, well being system gross sales within the works
Listed below are 18 deliberate hospital and well being system gross sales Becker’s has reported on in 2023:
1. New Orleans-based LCMC Well being filed a lawsuit towards the Federal Commerce Fee, the Justice Division and U.S. Lawyer Common Merrick Garland, in search of clarification on whether or not a state’s acquisition approval can preempt federal merger evaluate. The lawsuit pertains to LCMC’s acquisition of three Louisiana hospitals from Nashville, Tenn.-based HCA Healthcare. LCMC bought the hospitals for $150 million in January.
The FTC had ordered LCMC to halt the acquisition whereas it performed a evaluate, however the Louisiana Legislature and state legal professional basic had “expressly and unequivocally licensed” the deal to undergo.
2. Cell, Ala.-based College of South Alabama confirmed it’s shopping for Ascension Windfall Hospital within the metropolis in an $85 million transaction that features the hospital’s clinics. The acquisition is predicted to shut this fall.
3. Charleston (W.Va.) Space Medical Middle filed a letter of intent with the West Virginia Well being Care Authority to buy a majority share of Charleston Surgical Hospital. CAMC, a part of Vandalia Well being, expects the deal to shut as quickly because it clears regulatory and governance hurdles.
4. The Oregon Well being Authority approved Roseville, Calif.-based Adventist Well being’s acquisition of the Mid-Columbia Medical Middle in The Dalles, Ore.
5. South Arkansas Regional Hospital signed a definitive settlement to amass El Dorado-based Medical Middle of South Arkansas from subsidiaries of Neighborhood Well being Methods.
South Arkansas Regional Hospital, additionally based mostly in El Dorado, is a brand new nonprofit created by a consortium of stakeholders that features AR Well being Ventures, a nonprofit entity affiliated with Little Rock-based College of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. The transaction is predicted to shut this summer time.
6. San Antonio-based Methodist Healthcare inked an settlement to purchase Hill Nation Memorial in Fredericksburg, Texas.
7. Baton Rouge, La.-based Franciscan Missionaries of Our Woman Well being System will work with the Jackson County Board of Supervisors to amass Singing River Well being System, which has hospitals in Ocean Springs, Pascagoula and Gulfport, Miss.
The board of supervisors hopes to achieve a closing settlement with Franciscan Missionaries of Our Woman Well being, a 10-hospital system, by this fall.
9. Dallas-based Medical Metropolis Healthcare, a division of HCA Healthcare, is advancing talks to amass Sensible Well being System, a three-hospital system based mostly in Decatur, Texas.
10. Franklin, Tenn.-based Neighborhood Well being Methods signed a definitive settlement to promote two hospitals to Winston-Salem, N.C.-based Novant Well being. The transaction is predicted to shut later this 12 months.
11. Chicago-based CommonSpirit Well being will acquire Dallas-based Steward Well being Care’s websites of care in Utah, which is able to then be managed by Centura Well being, based mostly in Centennial, Colo.
The 5 Utah hospitals to alter fingers are Davis Hospital and Medical Middle in Layton, Jordan Valley Medical Middle in West Jordan, Jordan Valley Medical Middle-West Valley Campus in West Valley Metropolis, Mountain Level Medical Middle in Lehi and Salt Lake Regional Medical Middle in Salt Lake Metropolis.
The programs anticipate the transaction to shut later this 12 months.
12. Columbus-based OhioHealth and Choose Medical, an operator of long-term acute care and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, inked a definitive settlement to amass the working belongings of Reunion Rehabilitation Hospital in Dublin, Ohio.
13. Cape Girardeau, Mo.-based SoutheastHealth signed a letter of intent to merge with St. Louis-based Mercy. The well being programs anticipate a definitive settlement to be signed this summer time with integration occuring within the fall.
14. Aurora, Colo.-based UCHealth and Pueblo, Colo.-based Parkview Well being System on Jan. 24 signed an settlement to merge in mid-2023.
15. The Division of Veterans Affairs is within the means of acquiring the closed Norman (Okla.) Specialty Hospital for almost $3.3 million, with plans of turning the constructing into a brand new VA hospital.
16. Morgantown, W.Va.-based WVU Medication is acquiring Welch (W.Va.) Neighborhood Hospital after the McDowell County Fee accredited the takeover.
17. Harmony, Calif.-based John Muir Well being entered right into a definitive settlement with Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare to amass sole possession of San Ramon (Calif.) Regional Medical Middle.
18. Gainesville-based Northeast Georgia Well being System will acquire Habersham Medical Middle in Demorest, Ga., in mid-2023.
#hospital #well being #system #gross sales #works, 1682112691